I hope you’ll want to learn more and let me help you to get into the best shape of your life.
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO KICK THE HABIT?
The nicotine in cigarette tobacco is an addictive drug. It changes how your brain works, temporarily making you feel calm and more alert, boosting your mood. But when the effect wears off, your energy level or mood drops and you crave another cigarette for that nicotine boost. It is a vicious cycle that millions of people go through every day.
The good news is that many people also quit every day. You have it in you to quit. I talk about re programming in my books and sell a great product on my site called The smartsmoke which which contains NO nicotine.
FACT: Tobacco smoke contains nicotine and more than 4,000 chemicals. At least 50 of them are highly poisonous and cause cancer.
FACT: ‘Mild/Light’ cigarettes are just as deadly as regular ones. You’re still inhaling the same amount of deadly toxins as in regular cigarettes, you are just doing it through a different filter.
FACT: Smoking makes your heart beat faster, your breathing quicker and it raises your blood pressure.
FACT: Second hand smoke is harmful to your friends, family and other people around you. In fact, second hand smoke is the third major preventable cause of death in North America
FACT: 1 in 5 quitters won’t gain any weight at all and for those that do, the average is 5 to 7 pounds. Remember weight gain is controllable.
Once you quit the nicotine addiction you may experience some withdrawal symptoms like; moodiness, trouble sleeping, increased coughing and oral cravings. Most of these symptoms last 7 to 10 days and can be managed.
If you’re smoking a cigarette right now, I have good news for you: if you don’t ever pick one up again, your body will go through amazing transformations within minutes of finishing your last one.
- 20 minutes after your last cigarette, your blood pressure and pulse will lower and return to normal. The temperature in your hands and feet increase.
- After 12 hours, the carbon monoxide level in your blood will lower and return to normal. Blood oxygen begins to increase. You’ll feel more alert, sleep better, and be stronger.
- After 24 hours, your risk of heart attack drops significantly.
- After 48 hours, nerve endings begin to regrow and your sense of smell and taste will return.
- After about 3 months, your circulation will improve, walking will be easier, and you’ll cough less. Lung function will be markedly improved.
- Between 1 and 9 months, you’ll have less sinus congestion, fatigue, and nearly no shortness of breath.
- After 1 year, your risk of coronary heart disease is half of what it was when you smoked.
- After 5-15 years, your risk of stroke returns to normal, as if you never smoked at all.
- At the 10 year mark, your chance of developing smoking-related cancer is about the same as a non-smoker. Diet and smoking contribute to 60% of cancers.
- After 15 years, your risk of coronary heart disease and heart attack is that of a non-smoker. Your risk of death has dropped to that of a non-smoker.
You’ll also save a ton of money by not smoking too. Who wouldn’t want that? In my book ‘get fit stay fit’ and ‘the best you can be’ I have many innovative ways to help you ‘kick’ the smoking habit or any other habit that you have. Also my newest book ‘Not Just Willpower’ will give amazing insight into addictions and how to overcome to become the best you can be.
You should recognize the reasons why you smoke so that when you decide to quit, you are better prepared Once you figure out why you smoke, you’ll be able to recognize trigger situations and then you can change those situations. If you smoke while having a coffee, try drinking juice or tea.
Most people quitting for the first time try to do it on their own or ‘cold turkey’. For some this may work, but for others there are many other options available. If one strategy doesn’t work, don’t give up. Try another one or even a combination of strategies.
Quitting smoking is challenging, but YOU CAN DO IT!
I hope this helps you to stop smoking. If you have any stop smoking tips you would like to share, I’d love to hear about them.
I know you want to get in shape and look great. Whatever your fitness goal…to slim down…gain muscle…tone your arms or flatten your tummy…I’m here to help you accomplish your goals and to improve your fitness level. If you have enjoyed this article and the many other free features on my site, and would like some more comprehensive information such as fitness books and CD’s to aid you in achieving your health and fitness goals, please visit my ONLINE STORE where you will find innovative natural health and beauty products to help you become the BEST YOU CAN BE !